Hands on Recruitment have partnered one of the largest global marketing and advertising agency networks in the world who are currently recruiting for a Media Strategist to join their Johannesburg team.
The MAM is the central contact person responsible for managing and driving all media related aspects of the brands in his/her portfolio, including having a clear understanding of the brands, providing strategic direction, monitoring KPIs and budgets, as well as ensuring the effective implementation and buying of all campaigns.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with his/her respective brand client teams
- Manage the overall day-to-day media activity of the brands in his/her portfolio.
- Based on client briefs, compile high quality, innovative media strategies (traditional + digital).
- Manage output across all the groups partner agencies and integrate seamlessly.
- Allocate realistic budgets to campaigns / media platforms and monitor accordingly.
- Agree on and then track / monitor KPIs, ensuring that these are met.
- On approval of strategies, brief media planner to compile campaign schedules.
- Oversee approval of schedules and ensure accurate buying briefs.
- Do monthly flow plan checks and address over-/underspends.
- Continuously look for and present proactive media ideas to the brand teams.
- Evaluate media proposals and make recommendations to client accordingly.
- Put together insightful post campaign reports, including recommendations for future campaigns.
- Together with the insights division, drive competitive brand reviews when / if required.
- Assist the buyer in chasing creative material, when and if required.
- On a weekly basis, communicate accurate account status to client and internal team.
- Support the BUD / Hub in providing portfolio related information when / if required.
- Assist the finance team in resolving invoice queries.